We had the chance and honor to do a Q&A with KI LYNN. I cannot tell you how excited I was!!!
KI is definitely one author I admire and one of the few whose books I’d buy without even reading the blurb!
K.I. Lynn is the USA Today Bestselling Author from The Bend Anthology and the Amazon Bestselling Series, Breach. She spent her life in the arts, everything from music to painting and ceramics, then writing. Characters have always been running around in her head, acting out their stories, but it wasn’t until later in life she would put them to paper. It would become the one thing she was really passionate about.
Since she began posting stories online, she’s garnered acclaim for her diverse narratives and hard hitting writing style. No two stories or characters are ever the same, her brain moving through different ideas faster than she can write them down as it simultaneously plots its quest for world domination…or cheese. Whichever is easier to obtain… Usually it’s cheese.
Twitter – https://twitter.com/KI_Lynn_
Now that you know her better, here is our Q&A!!!
– How would you describe your books?
Different. LOL. I have no idea. Each book is different and some push boundaries and are not for everyone.
– How and when did you know you were meant to write?
I’ve written stories for many years for fun, but I think it was back when I was writing fanfiction. It was then I discovered the first thing I ever had a passion about.
– What was your VERY first story about?
I wrote it with a friend, we started back in junior high school, but it was girls who were genetically altered and escaped.
– Your books all have a strong plot, lots of mystery and suspense … What are your inspirations?
Depending on what book I’m working on, changes what I listen to, read, and watch. For example, with Six, I watched John Wick many times and the top song on the soundtrack was Killing Strangers by Marilyn Manson.
– How long does it take you to write a book?
Six months to a year, depending. I’m not that prolific.
– How does it work writing a book with another author?
We use Google docs so we can be in the document together and we plan and plot out how we think the story will go. Then, we write whatever calls to us. It’s great being able to feed off each other.
– Do you listen to music while writing? (Do you have a playlist for each book?)
Music is my muse. I always have to listen to it while writing. I make soundtracks for each book I write. I’m a bit behind on posting them to my blog.
– What’s your writing routine?
Routine? What’s that? Lol! There is no routine, but I do write ok in the morning after doing various other things, can’t work in the afternoon, but work great later at night.
– Did you plan to write a series when starting writing Breach?
No, it just evolved into a long story.
– Who was your inspiration for Nathan Thorne?
Haha! When I started Breach I just wanted to write a push the boundaries dirty book. Originally, it was mostly smut and much lighter. It evolved and he took on a darker, brooding tone.
– What was the hardest scene/book/character for you to write?
Scene? There’s not one scene that sticks out for me, but sometimes it can be the sex scenes that are hardest.
Book? Reciprocity. That was due to me feeling lost, unsure how it was going. Otherwise, all books are hard trying to get them out of my head!
Character? Kira from the Need series. During the first book I had a really hard time connecting with her, with understanding her.
– Is there anything that you’re dying to write, but you’re afraid to?
No. I like to take chances and be outside of normal.
– Is there anything you refuse to write? If so, what is it and why?
Biker books and a couple others. It’s not really a refusal as no interest. They aren’t a subject I’m very interested in and therefore I wouldn’t be able to write them and definitely not do them justice if I attempted.
– What are your three “desert island” books?
Twilight, Jane Eyre, and something sexy that I can’t decide on right now!
– Answering with only characters from your books (and give us a reason)
1) Which character would you have liked to date – Jared from The Devil In Me. He’s just an awesome guy.
2) Which character would you have married – Jared from The Devil In Me. Because he’s awesome!! One day, I’ll finish up his story and you’ll see how great of a guy he is.
3) Who would have been your best friend – Lacey from Six. I love her sarcastic nature. She had me cracking up all the time!
4) Who would your personality have clashed with – All of my villains, of course! Because they’re the bad guys!
Her series BREACH is one of my favorite but must say that her latest book SIX was beautifully perfect!
SIX on Amazon –> http://amzn.to/2avzgDS
Here is what I thought about it!
| Friends, this is not your typical romance, I’m not even sure it can be defined as romance. It is a twisted, and complicated “lust” story that will slowly morph into something MORE. A victim attracted to her captor. A captive willing to do anything for her life. A killer that knows no regret.
I am in awe of KI ‘s writing, the scenes are very detailed, sometimes too much but yet at the same time are just perfect.
To sum up, read this book if you like twisted, dark-ish, and violent love story.
And SIX IS MINE.